Terms & Conditions← Back
General terms and conditions of Delius Klasing Verlag for goods and subscription contracts
I. Area of application
The following general terms and conditions (hereinafter "GTCs") apply to all contracts for the purchase of goods (such as books, CDs, DVDs, apps) and magazine subscriptions (print or online) between Delius Klasing Verlag and its customers. They do not apply to contracts for advertising orders and contracts for participation in events.
II. Conclusion of the contracts
(1) You can let us have your order to purchase a publisher's product in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or online (e.g. via our online shop).
(2) The sending or electronic transmission of your order constitutes a binding offer to conclude the corresponding contract.
(3) After you submit your order, we will send you a confirmation that we have received it. This confirmation does not yet constitute a contract.
(4) The contract is concluded upon explicit acceptance by the publisher, but no later than when the ordered product has been dispatched. In the case of telephone orders, the contract is already concluded during the respective call, assuming you place a binding order during the telephone call and we accept it.
III. Cancellation and termination
(1) Until the order is accepted by us, you are entitled to cancel your order from the publishers at any time. Please send notice of cancelation in writing to the publisher's address below. This shall be without prejudice to your further statutory right to cancel consumer contracts (www.delius- klasing.de/widerrufsbelehrung).
(2) Subscription contracts can be cancelled at any time after the minimum order period shown on the order forms has expired. They are to be sent in writing to the publisher's address below.
IV. Delivery information and provisions on the scope of services
(1) We will deliver the publisher's products to you by post or by electronic means (e.g. for online subscriptions) to the delivery address provided. Please inform the publisher of changes to the delivery address two weeks before they take effect so that we can take them into account in good time.
(2) The customer shall bear the additional costs associated with goods that cannot be delivered or that can only be delivered with a delay because the address is not up-to-date or incorrect. After two unsuccessful deliveries, the publisher is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
(3) The publishers shall bear the costs of any mistake in deliveries.
(4) Bonus services (e.g. premiums) that relate to the conclusion of a contract for the purchase of publishing products, are only granted once per person and household. Referral bonuses are also only granted once for each new customer. The purpose of the introductory subscription (also known as a short subscription) is exclusively to allow the customer get to know the respective magazine personally, i.e. deliveries are made exclusively to the address of the customer (no separate shipping address, no gift subscription possible!). A sample issue and the introductory subscription offer can only be used once per household per magazine.
(5) The publisher reserves the right to deviate in terms of content and design between products in the print and digital forms
(6) In addition to their subscription issues, customers with a digital subscription also receive free access to all available digital magazine issues. This access is available for as long as the subscription remains current.
V. Prices and payment arrangements
(1) The subscription price set by the publisher shall apply to subscription contracts. The publisher reserves the right to raise the subscription price at any time and to change the arrangements for the publication of the title and its editorial design. For other goods, the prices stated by the publisher on the respective order forms at the time of the order shall apply.
(2) All prices are inclusive of sales tax.
(3) Please always quote your customer number when making payments.
(4) The shipping costs are shown in the order forms relating to your order.
(5) The payment deadlines, methods of payment and other payment arrangements are shown in the order forms relating to your order. The customer agrees to the electronic transmission of his invoice.
(6) The publisher is entitled to withhold delivery as soon as and for as long as the customer is in default of payment. After any outstanding claims have been settled (including any legal prosecution costs), the outstanding contractual services will be delivered as quickly as possible. This shall be without prejudice to further claims by the publisher.
VI. Usage rights, reservation of title
(1) You may use the content of the publishing products ordered for private or internal business purposes. The commercial use of the content made available to you is prohibited.
(2) All rights of use under copyright law and all other rights to the content supplied to you remain exclusively with the publisher.
(3) The products supplied shall remain the property of the publishers until the purchasing price has been paid in full.
VII. Liability and warranty
(1) Our liability for breaches of contractual obligations and for tort shall be limited to cases of intent and gross negligence. This provision does not apply in the event of fatality, physical injury or damage to the health of the customer, claims due to the violation of cardinal obligations, i.e. of obligations arising from the nature of the contract and the breach of which threaten the attainment of the purpose of the contract, as well as compensation for damage caused by delay. In this respect we are liable for every degree of fault. Liability in the event of significant breaches of contractual obligations shall be limited to the typically foreseeable damages.
(2) Statutory warranty rights shall apply.
(3) Alternative dispute resolution pursuant to Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO (Online Dispute Resolution Ordinance) and Article 36 VSBG (Consumer Dispute Resolution Act):
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ . We are neither obliged nor willing to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board. If you have any problems, please contact our customer service team directly, who will be happy to work with you to find a solution.
VIII. Data privacy
(1) We use your personal data exclusively in accordance with the relevant data protection regulations. (2) If and to the extent that you have given further consent to the use of your personal data for other purposes (e.g. to receive newsletters), we will only use this data within the scope of the consent given. You can withdraw such consent to the publisher at any time with future effect. The notice of withdrawal must be sent to the publisher's address in Section III and can be declared in any form (e.g. by telephone or e-mail).
IX. Final provisions
(1) The GTCs and the contractual relationship between the publisher and the customer are subject to German law.
(2) In business transactions with business people, legal entities under public law or in the case of special funds under public law, the place of jurisdiction for lawsuits shall be Hamburg.
If you have any questions, please contact our service team at:
Phone: (+49) 0521/ 55 99 55
Fax: (+49) 0521/ 55 98 81 14
Mon.-Fri.: 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Ms Hellwig and her team will be happy to assist you!
Always quote your customer number, if any, with your inquiry
Delius Klasing Verlag GmbH
Kundenservice (Customer Service),
Attention Astrid Hellwig
Siekerwall 21, 33602 Bielefeld Germany
Business address: Bielefeld
Register Court: Bielefeld District Court, HR B 7332
Managing Director: Konrad Delius
VAT Registration Number: DE 123 999 126